4/24/11

My Personal Goals in Life

The first time I dreamed of becoming a lawyer was 10 years ago. It was during the live trial coverage of the former President Joseph E. Estrada for his Plunder and Perjury case. I can still remember that I went home straight from school just to watch its live trial coverage on television or if I'm in school I'd rather watch the said trial at the school library instead of going to canteen and buy some snacks for recess. For me it was like watching a movie I can't miss, I observe and listen to every word of the judge, lawyers of both the opposing and defending counsels, witnesses, and even the reactions of the people in the court room or else I might fail to understand the whole trial proceedings.

On 2007, the Supreme Court finds that the prosecution has proven beyond reasonable doubt the commission by the principal accused of which the said president was then acquitted of the above mentioned crime. I find the decision of the Supreme Court very disappointing, and I felt the need to question the Justice System of our country. Personally, I think the decision of the Supreme Court implies that no matter how innocent or guilty a person is/are or how brilliant a lawyer the final decision rests upon the Supreme Court and that will be final and executory no matter how unconstitutional there decisions may be.

Today, I'm pursuing my dream to be a lawyer despite of my disappointment on Estrada's Case. Nonetheless, my disappointments inspire me more to be part of our justice system and to scrutinize the Law of what i can do better to improve our justice system in our country.

As quoted by Ralph Waldo Emerson: "The good lawyer is not the man who has an eye to every side and angle of contingency, and qualifies all his qualifications, but who throws himself on your part so heartily, that he can get you out of a scrape."  For the future I wish to be a lawyer, a competent lawyer. I will make my family as proud as i can especially to my parents. I know things will not be that easy but I know with God almighty nothing is impossible at all, if not given I know He has a better plan for me.


Goals are what directs us to what we see ourselves in the future. Let's aim high and hit the mark! :)

Cheers!
-the_clever_nymph_amian

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento